When you suffer from tooth loss due to damage or disease, it is typical to desire an easy and fast solution, especially if you are experiencing pain or feeling self-conscious about having a less-than-perfect smile.
At Valley OMS, we are proud to offer same day dental implants to Texas patients who suffer from tooth loss. Learn more about same day dental implants and how this procedure can enable you to realize a fast and efficient way to achieve a confident smile.
What Are Same Day Dental Implants?
Same day dental implants offer one of the most convenient and effective ways to realize a new smile while also achieving full functionality of your mouth. As compared to traditional dental implants, which come with a lengthy implementation and recovery process that can span months, same day dental implants utilize advances in equipment and surgical techniques to offer a streamlined approach, allowing you to potentially go through the entire implant process in as little as one day.
Same day dental implants are recognized as one of the least invasive, affordable implant options available. The procedure is similar to traditional implants in that titanium screws are inserted into the jawbone. Then, a bridge or individual teeth are attached to the implants. Usually, this is a two-step process, but with same day dental implants, it is completed in one visit.
Benefits of Same Day Dental Implants
While speed and efficiency are oftentimes considered a major benefit, there are some additional perks associated with same day dental implants, including:
- There is no invasive surgery required.
- The need for bone grafts is eliminated.
- Patient discomfort is significantly lessened.
- The procedure is less physically disruptive to the bone and surrounding tissue.
- The results look and feel just like natural teeth.
- Facial contour is restored.
- Recovery time is reduced, and daily activities experience less interruption.
- The procedure is more affordable, and there are fewer complications.
- It is a permanent solution that lasts a lifetime with proper care.
Of course, there are some risks associated with same day dental implants, including a higher risk of implant movement and risk of infection. Those who undergo the procedure must also be willing to show patience during the osseointegration process, where the bone integrates with the implant, in order for success to be realized in the long term. Ultimately, permanent fusion does take time with same day dental implants; therefore, a patient must be willing to follow strict recovery guidelines to ensure a positive outcome.
Am I A Good Candidate for Same Day Dental Implants?
If you are interested in pursuing the same day dental implant procedure, then you are encouraged to reach out to Valley OMS to schedule a personalized consultation. During this one-on-one consultation, we will discuss your individual needs with you as well as perform a physical examination of your mouth, assess your oral health, and record your medical history.
You may be considered a good candidate for this procedure if you meet the following criteria:
- You have one or more missing, damaged, or loose teeth.
- Your current use of dentures or bridges causes you pain or discomfort.
- You are willing to give up smoking.
- You have healthy oral tissue.
- You do not grind your teeth excessively.
- You have adequate bone density in the implant area.
- You do not experience any medical conditions that could negatively impact the bone from healing.
- You desire results that may last for a lifetime with proper care.
- You are hoping for immediate cosmetic and functional dental improvement.
If you believe you may qualify to be a candidate for same day dental implants, reach out to Valley OMS today and schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Valley OMS for Same Day Dental Implants?
As a full-scope oral surgery practice, Valley OMS has the ability to provide a wide variety of solutions to our patients throughout the state of Texas. We are passionate about helping those who put their trust in us experience new confidence, eliminate pain, restore lost teeth, and realize improved oral health.
We would welcome the opportunity to consult with you about same day dental implants or other procedures that might align with your needs. Contact our team today.